We are thrilled to announce that registration is NOW OPEN!
If you can attend only one professional development event in 2014, this is IT!
Join the Nashville Chapter of PMI for our 9th annual Symposium on April 10 - 11 at the Music City Center - Nashville. We’re excited to provide project management professionals with networking opportunities, dynamic keynote speakers, education sessions, vendor exhibits, and more.
Thursday, April 10, 2014 - Friday, April 11, 2014
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Central Time
Music City Center
201 5th Avenue South
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
In an effort to honor our relationships with various Nashville professional groups, the Lipscomb University School of Computing and Informatics (SCI) is offering a 15% tuition scholarship to one member from each of the following professional organizations in the Nashville area:
o (ISC)2-International Information System Security Certification Consortium (https://www.isc2.org/chapters/Default.aspx)
o ISSA - Information Systems Security Association (https://www.issa.org)
o ITSMF- IT Service Management (http://www.itsmfusa.org/)
o PMI - Project Management Institute (http://pmi.org)
o iTT - Women in Technology of Tennessee (http://www.wittn.org)
The 15% professional organization discount is available for the following SCI graduate programs:
- MS in Informatics and Analytics (MSIA) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Informatics-Analytics
- MS in Information Security (ISEC) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Information-Security
- MS in IT Management (MITM) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Technology-Management
- MS in Software Engineering (MSSE) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Software-Engineering-
Prospective students wishing to qualify for the scholarship should indicate on their Lipscomb graduate application which professional organization they wish to apply through. Each applicant’s name will be submitted to the indicated professional organization for review once their application is complete and an admittance decision has been made. The organization’s leadership will then identify one eligible student that they wish to receive the scholarship. Each applicant is eligible for only one scholarship, and may apply through only one of the selected professional organizations.
We will accept applications through the months of October and November, and applications will be turned over to professional organizations in the first week of December. Those awarded scholarships will be invited to the December Nashville Tech Breakfast where they will be recognized as scholarship winners for the SCI program of choice.
Please note the following:
- The 15% scholarship will not stack on top of existing discounts (inaugural discount or corporate participation discount).
- The 15% scholarship will be applied for the first class of the SCI program of choice in January 2014 and will continue to be applied for consecutive months based on the length of the program of choice (12 months for MITM, MSIA ISEC and MSSE; 14 months for HCI).
If you would like to sign up to receive our weekly email communication about news and events in our community
Benefits of Joining PMI
National and Local Chapter Membership Dues - What's in it for me?
Benefits of PMI membership include access to member's only services as well as discounts on many of PMI's valuable products and services. Chapters advance the mission and objectives of PMI by promoting professional standards and practices. Ongoing professional development is a key benefit to membership and is supported at the Chapter level through activities, meetings, and educational programs. And your PMI Nashville TN Chapter is committed to giving its members access to the information they need to succeed!
Membership dues: what do I pay, and to whom?
$129.00 goes to PMI National for your National Membership Dues, and $25.00 goes to PMI Nashville TN Chapter for your Local Membership Dues, for a total annual fee of $154.00.
And what does that $154.00 get me?
Services and features of your Local dues include:
- Quarterly newsletters on local chapter happenings
- Coordinated study efforts bi-annually for certification
- Online Project Management resources on Productivity and Quality Assurance
- Online event registration for local Chapter meetings and hosted events
- Professional Development Day discounts
- Chapter Meeting Discounts
- Networking events
Services and features of your National dues include:
- Online access to the Knowledge and Wisdom Center, where you'll find current & back issues of PM Network® and Project Management Journal®, PMI Today(tm), issues of the Center's quarterly newsletter, PM KnowledgeWire, and PM Pathfinders (information on topics of interest to project management practitioners)
- Online access to PMIs current Standards Program Products - PMBOK, Exposure Draft for Portfolio Management, Practice Standard for WBS, PM Competency Development Framework, Practice Standard for Earned Value Management, and several other products
- A copy of the latest version of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) in English on CD-ROM
- The ability to perform online queries for information on the most recent PMI Salary Survey information
- Online access "Hot Topics" links and information about International Development grant opportunities available through the U.S. Government
- Registration discounts on a wide variety of courses offered worldwide through PMI's SeminarsWorld®
- Member insurance offerings (preferred rates available to PMI members through MIMS International)
- Online membership renewal
To learn even more about PMI National member benefits, click here.
Need to renew your PMI Nashville Chapter Membership? Use the link below to renew now. It's easy.Renew Now
We've come a long way in 15 years. The PMI Nashville Chapter now has over 1000 active members and growing. Help us celebrate 15 years and continue our upward growth. Become a volunteer or just help us recruit new members. Our success would not be possible without you!!
2014 Symposium Call for Speakers