The Project Management Institute (PMI®) Nashville Chapter, in partnership with Becker Professional Education, is pleased to offer a 4-day PMP Exam Prep workshop designed to meet the needs of those wishing to prepare for the PMP Exam and earn the PMP® certification.
Workshop Details: Dates: June 9,10,11,12 Check-in Time: 8:00am - 8:15am (first day) Workshop Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm Location: DeVry Nashville Campus 3343 Perimeter Hill Dr. #200 Nashville TN 37211
Course Description: Provides a comprehensive review of the nine Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) areas covered in the PMP® certification exam. The course offers a highly interactive, experiential learning environment and is recommended for students with a background in project management practice and techniques obtained through experience and prior education.
Target Audience: Project management personnel preparing to take the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). The class will award 35 contact hours and the registration fee includes books and class materials including: - Flashcards (for study purposes) - Access to DeVry online website - Online practice testing - Completion Certificates to show (35) hours contact time - Course content based on 5th edition of PMBOK - Proprietary Becker PMP Exam Prep Participant Guide - PMBOK (5th edition) - Q & As publication for the PMBOK (5th edition) - Crosswind PMP Exam Success Series Publication (version 5.0)
Becker Professional Education / DeVry Training programs Background:
For more than 50 years, Becker Professional Education has helped equip professionals and their companies for the challenges of tomorrow in the Accounting, Finance and Project Management professions. Becker Professional Education is a subsidiary of DeVry Inc. DeVry University has a long history of involvement as well as extensive experience in the field of project management. DeVry’s Keller Graduate School of Management was one of the first graduate schools in the country to offer a masters degree in Project Management, beginning back in the early 1990s. More recently, as of December, 2008, Keller has earned PMI’s Accreditation Committee (GAC) endorsement. Also, back in the early 1990s, DeVry began offering non-degree training in project management to corporations and government institutions. This training has included instruction in the fundamentals of project management, Executive seminars, as well as PMP Exam Prep training. PMI’s own Chicago-land Chapter has been in partnership with DeVry for the last 7 years, whereby DeVry provides the PMP Exam Prep training course which PMI Chicago-land Chapter markets as their own. It has been a very successful and winning partnership for all involved. Recently, DeVry has placed its project management training department under the management of its Becker division. Becker is best known for its CPA Exam Prep training, and will now also take responsibility for all project management training initiatives as well as continuing the legacy of delivering world class project management training to corporate and institutional clients. Consequently, DeVry’s project management training offerings are in the process of being re-branded under the Becker Project Management brand.
When: Monday, June 9, 2014 - Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central Time
Where: DeVry Nashville Campus 3343 Perimeter Hill Drive #200 Nashville, Tennessee 37211
In an effort to honor our relationships with various Nashville professional groups, the Lipscomb University School of Computing and Informatics (SCI) is offering a 15% tuition scholarship to one member from each of the following professional organizations in the Nashville area:
o (ISC)2-International Information System Security Certification Consortium (https://www.isc2.org/chapters/Default.aspx)
o ISSA - Information Systems Security Association (https://www.issa.org)
o ITSMF- IT Service Management (http://www.itsmfusa.org/)
o PMI - Project Management Institute (http://pmi.org)
o iTT - Women in Technology of Tennessee (http://www.wittn.org)
The 15% professional organization discount is available for the following SCI graduate programs:
- MS in Informatics and Analytics (MSIA) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Informatics-Analytics
- MS in Information Security (ISEC) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Information-Security
- MS in IT Management (MITM) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Technology-Management
- MS in Software Engineering (MSSE) - http://www.lipscomb.edu/technology/Software-Engineering-
Prospective students wishing to qualify for the scholarship should indicate on their Lipscomb graduate application which professional organization they wish to apply through. Each applicant’s name will be submitted to the indicated professional organization for review once their application is complete and an admittance decision has been made. The organization’s leadership will then identify one eligible student that they wish to receive the scholarship. Each applicant is eligible for only one scholarship, and may apply through only one of the selected professional organizations.
We will accept applications through the months of October and November, and applications will be turned over to professional organizations in the first week of December. Those awarded scholarships will be invited to the December Nashville Tech Breakfast where they will be recognized as scholarship winners for the SCI program of choice.
Please note the following:
- The 15% scholarship will not stack on top of existing discounts (inaugural discount or corporate participation discount).
- The 15% scholarship will be applied for the first class of the SCI program of choice in January 2014 and will continue to be applied for consecutive months based on the length of the program of choice (12 months for MITM, MSIA ISEC and MSSE; 14 months for HCI).
If you would like to sign up to receive our weekly email communication about news and events in our community
Benefits of Joining PMI
National and Local Chapter Membership Dues - What's in it for me?
Benefits of PMI membership include access to member's only services as well as discounts on many of PMI's valuable products and services. Chapters advance the mission and objectives of PMI by promoting professional standards and practices. Ongoing professional development is a key benefit to membership and is supported at the Chapter level through activities, meetings, and educational programs. And your PMI Nashville TN Chapter is committed to giving its members access to the information they need to succeed!
Membership dues: what do I pay, and to whom?
$129.00 goes to PMI National for your National Membership Dues, and $25.00 goes to PMI Nashville TN Chapter for your Local Membership Dues, for a total annual fee of $154.00.
And what does that $154.00 get me?
Services and features of your Local dues include:
- Quarterly newsletters on local chapter happenings
- Coordinated study efforts bi-annually for certification
- Online Project Management resources on Productivity and Quality Assurance
- Online event registration for local Chapter meetings and hosted events
- Professional Development Day discounts
- Chapter Meeting Discounts
- Networking events
Services and features of your National dues include:
- Online access to the Knowledge and Wisdom Center, where you'll find current & back issues of PM Network® and Project Management Journal®, PMI Today(tm), issues of the Center's quarterly newsletter, PM KnowledgeWire, and PM Pathfinders (information on topics of interest to project management practitioners)
- Online access to PMIs current Standards Program Products - PMBOK, Exposure Draft for Portfolio Management, Practice Standard for WBS, PM Competency Development Framework, Practice Standard for Earned Value Management, and several other products
- A copy of the latest version of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) in English on CD-ROM
- The ability to perform online queries for information on the most recent PMI Salary Survey information
- Online access "Hot Topics" links and information about International Development grant opportunities available through the U.S. Government
- Registration discounts on a wide variety of courses offered worldwide through PMI's SeminarsWorld®
- Member insurance offerings (preferred rates available to PMI members through MIMS International)
- Online membership renewal
To learn even more about PMI National member benefits, click here.
Need to renew your PMI Nashville Chapter Membership? Use the link below to renew now. It's easy.Renew Now
We've come a long way in 15 years. The PMI Nashville Chapter now has over 1000 active members and growing. Help us celebrate 15 years and continue our upward growth. Become a volunteer or just help us recruit new members. Our success would not be possible without you!!