The PMI Nashville Chapter holds several local Communities of Practice (CoPs) events each year to allow
opportunities to network with peers and earn PDUs. PMI Global offers access to thirty-six communities;
Our local chapter currently has five active communities.
1. Agile - The Agile Community of Practice delivers knowledge and provides networking opportunities for
agile practitioners and includes anyone interested in, working in, or impacted by developments in the collection of good practices, principles and techniques in agile project management. The community enables agile practitioners to contribute and share their knowledge, explores the relationship between agile principles and practices, and communicates how agile may differ from and/or complement PMI project management.
2. Government - The Government Community of Practice assists with the advancement of the principles
and practices of the public sector project management, while promoting the exchange of information among
government professionals. The community promotes and develops strategic plans to create and/or bring
awareness about public sector challenges and creates strategies for easy access to best practices.
3. Healthcare - The Healthcare Community of Practice examines and extends project management knowledge in the healthcare industry. The community communicates consistent project management terminology and practices among healthcare project professionals.
4. IT/Business Intelligence - The IT/Business Intelligence Community of Practice delivers knowledge
and provides networking opportunities for project professionals interested in, working in, or impacted by
developments within information technology and business intelligence project management.
5. PMO - The PMO Community of Practice assists with bridging the critical organizational gap between
delivery and strategy that focuses on the translation of organizational strategies into actionable plans. The
community facilitates collaboration, knowledge sharing, and professional development opportunities for growing project, program, and portfolio professionals.
A listing and registration for future local meetings can be located in the Upcoming Events of the website. Additional information for PMI Communities of Practice can be located on http://www.pmi.org/GetInvolved/Communities-of-Practice.aspx.