- This event has passed.
Communicators Improv Toolbox
October 18, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Topic: Communicators Improve Toolbox
Event Description: Communication and relationship building skills are essential components for project leadership. This workshop is an exploration in using the unique skills of an improviser to focus on being in the moment, become aware of your surroundings, verbal and non-verbal communications, active listening, and self-awareness. You will leave this workshop with new tools and confidence to work independently and collaboratively.
Event Objectives and/or Agenda:
- Understand how improvisation exercises can create better communicators
- Learn to think on your feet and keep a conversation moving forward
- Gain confidence and trust in yourself and others
About Presenters: Laura H. McAlister & Barry E. McAlister
- Laura H. McAlister, M.Ed., PMP is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Legal Assistant with over 25 years’ experience within multiple corporate settings. She is a Coach/Trainer/Speaker with The John Maxwell Team and Fun2GrowOn LLC. Mrs. McAlister previously served as Program Director for HCA, leading EHR implementations with expertise in law, healthcare, compliance, insurance, internal audit, and trial litigation. Having led diverse project teams within both law firm and corporate environments, Mrs. McAlister provides strong leadership and facilitation skills creating high performance teams. She holds Bachelor of Business Administration and Masters in Organizational Leadership/Communication degrees from Belmont University.
- Barry E. McAlister is Founder of Fun2GrowOn, LLC. He holds more than twenty years’ experience working with companies creating and facilitating workshops on communications, team building, improv, and active listening skills. Mr. McAlister is also a professional improv instructor holding more than fifteen years’ experience teaching for Nashville’s top casting agents. Mr. McAlister is Director of Video Production at Montgomery Bell Academy writing and producing numerous videos to raise capital, recruit potential students, and support the school’s mission. He holds a Bachelor of Science, Communications from Middle Tennessee State University and has trained at Second City, Chicago for improv, sketch writing, and musical improv.Niel Magsombol is an SPC, SSM, CSM, CSP, CKC, PMP, Coach, Trainer, Motivational Speaker
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Leadership)
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Program
2515 Park Plaza
Nashville TN 37203
Note: Please allow an extra 10-15 mins to get parked and signed in through reception/security. There will be signage to direct attendees to the event.
Early Registration Member: $5
Early Registration Non-Member: $10
Registration Close Time: October 18th
All refunds through PMI Nashville Chapter web payment
NOTE: If you are a PMI Nashville member, please ensure that you register using the email address on file with PMI global to receive the PMI Nashville member discount.
Add HTML after event content