- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville April 2017 luncheon – Topic: How to Improve your Daily Communication
April 18, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Most people spend 80% of their day communicating, yet few of us have any special training in effectively communicating. For 20 years, I’ve observed and trained thousands of private and public sector employees, helping them improve their communication with simple strategies. Did you know that at any given moment in a meeting only 20% of the audience is actively listening? And did you know that most people spend 5 seconds deciding whether to read an email or not? Here are a few tips to help you manage the daily verbal and written communication that fills your day:
- Plan the day: What’s the purpose of today’s communication? Be specific!
- Plan the meeting: Tips on keeping the attendees on track and engaged.
- Plan the response: How to listen better and get your needs met.
So whether you’re speaking or writing, you can achieve your purpose with a little planning.
About Presenter: Pam Walter
- Pam Walter has helped thousands of professionals around the world communicate better and be more productive through her role as a facilitator and consultant at FranklinCovey Co. Her clients have included global companies, government agencies, small businesses, and educators on three continents, all of whom share the same desire to think, write, and speak more clearly so they can get their jobs done. She shares tools and teaches skills to help others be more productive in their work and at home. Courses she has taught include presentations skills, business writing, time management, meeting management, and project management for the unofficial project manager. Pam has an MFA in Writing and a BA in English. In addition to corporate consulting, she has taught at George Mason University, the Academy of Economics in Krakow, and Georgetown University. She lives with her family on a farm in Franklin, TN.
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Leadership)
- Event Date: Tuesday, Apr 18, 2017
- Registration: 11:30 am – 11:50 am
- Program: 11:50 am – 1:00 pm
- Millennium Maxwell House
2025 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville, TN 37228
- Early Registration Member: $25
- Early Registration Non-Member: $30
- Walk-in Registration at the door: $35 (space not guaranteed for walk-ins)
NOTE: If you are a PMI Nashville member, please ensure that you register using the email address on file with PMI global to receive the PMI Nashville member discount.
Registration Close Time: Apr 16, 2017 (Sunday) @ 11:59pm
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com by registration close time.
Add HTML after event content