- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville August 2021 Luncheon Webinar – Product Management Essentials for Project Professionals
August 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Need and value are becoming critically important in delivering successful outcomes to stakeholders for Project Managers. Helping the stakeholder understand value above want and need is even more critical. So where does a Project Manager go to build these skills. The understanding of value in terms of a customer, whether internal or external, is the core art and science around Product Management. Building a strong foundational skill in Product Management is a critical success factor for the future of Project Management in a highly volatile, rapidly changing environment.
- Project Managers work in most cases on internal projects and services, so there is confusion around using Product Management techniques. The reality is internal customers are just as critical as external. There must be value for both types of customer to engage, for external the engagement is usually money and some time. With internal it is all about time and productivity and, time can have more value than money in certain circumstances. As for a service, everything whether a tangible product or a service must create value for the user (aka customer), so the same dynamics drive their lifecycle and value strategy. At the center is the customer whether dealing with internal or external customers and whether dealing with services or products.
- In this session we will go over the fundamentals of product management; first we will discuss the three elements of determining if what you are doing has value/relevance. Second, we will discuss the product lifecycle and actions and reactions that happen at different stages. From there we will discuss techniques to determine who is your customer and their motivations (Personas). We will sprinkle in the criticality of cognitive diversity in the ideation process and not getting caught up in confirmation basis. We will end with a detailed discussion iterative styles of testing to get real time data straight from the source, aka your customers
- Dave Davis, Senior Project Manager, OhioHealth from Sylvania, OH
- Certifications: PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, DASSM, AgilePgM, Managing Benefits Foundation, Managing Benefits Practitioner, Disciplined Agilist (DA), Certified Disciplined Agile Instructor (CDAI), Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP), Certified DA Lean Scrum Master (DALSM), APMC
- PMI Volunteer Status: 1 engagement in the last 2 years
- PMI Chapters: PMI Central Ohio Chapter, Inc (Chapter Leader), PMI Dayton/Miami Valley, Ohio Chapter, PMI Western Lake Erie Chapter
- PMP, PgMP PMI-PBA ,PMI-ACP, DASCSM with extensive experience in projects supporting new technology, system development, and enterprise wide applications. Experience ranges from writing system requirements, to managing application developers, to administration of enterprise wide billing applications, to project managing Enterprise Application Implementation.
- I am a leading speaker on all 3 parts of the PMI talent triangle.
PDU(s): 1.0 (Category: Technical)
- Event Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- Program: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Central
Registrants will receive the link
PMI Nashville members & non-members: $10
Registration Close Time: Two hours before event
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com by the Sunday before the event by 11:59 pm
Add HTML after event content