- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville December 2017 luncheon – Topic: Governmental Entities and other large non-profits require unconventional strategies for Project Managers
December 5, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- This presentation involves brief case studies in the navigation of major initiatives for city governments and other large non- profit organizations. These entities introduce a whole new array of problems and challenges. Project managers must have insight into their unique financing structures, political interests & risks to be successful. Most importantly, they must understand the client -and be creative in overcoming non-traditional impediments to success.
About Presenter: Michael Schmerling
- A native of Nashville, he began his career 40 years ago as a Certified Public Accountant (now “Inactive”) with the Nashville office of Ernst & Young, formerly Ernst & Ernst CPAs. Mr. Shmerling has founded or co-founded multiple businesses since leaving the practice of public accounting, four (4) of which were ultimately sold to publicly traded (NYSE or NASD) companies. Following the sale of Background America, Inc. to Kroll Inc, in 1998, he joined Kroll – eventually serving as a member of the Board, EVP, Chief Operating Officer of Kroll Inc.; and subsequently a Senior Advisor to Marsh Inc., following the sale of Kroll to Marsh. He currently serves as Chairman of private equity firm Clearbrook Holdings Corp, formerly known as XMi Holdings.He has received numerous Nashville Business Journal Future 50 – as well as INC. 500 Awards for companies in which he was involved. In addition to this recognition, he received the Tennessee Society of CPAs – Outstanding CPA in Business and Industry Award in 1999. In 2007, he was awarded both the Tennessee Society of CPA’s; and the American Institute of CPA’s Public Service Award. In 2009, he received Community Nashville’s Human Relations Award.He currently serves as Board Chair of the Tennessee Performing Arts Foundation and is a Founder and Board Chair of not for profit, Abe’s Garden. In addition, he serves on the Nashville Public Television Board. He currently serves on two public company boards; Renasant Bank (“NASD – RNST”), and HealthStream Inc. (“NASD – HSTM”).
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Leadership)
- Event Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- Registration: 11:30 am – 11:50 am
- Program: 11:50 am – 1:00 pm
- Marriott Cool Springs
700 Cool Springs Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
- Early Registration Member: $25
- Early Registration Non-Member: $30
- Walk-in Registration at the door: $35 (space not guaranteed for walk-ins)
Registration Close Time: Dec 3, 2017 (Sunday) @ midnight
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com by registration close time.
Add HTML after event content