- This event has passed.
** Event Cancelled** – PMI Nashville January 2018 luncheon – Topic: Cultural Intelligence: A Key Skill for Success ** Event Cancelled**
January 16 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the January 2018 luncheon has been cancelled. Refunds will be sent to those who registered. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Diversity is becoming the norm in everyday life. Introducing global delivery models without a proper understanding of intercultural differences leads to numerous areas of difficulty, frustration, and reduced productivity. In this diverse world, we need teams who can cross these imaginary boundaries, people who can communicate effectively, and to build diverse networks necessary to avoid problems. Learning about Cultural Intelligence (CI) – the ability to relate and work effectively across cultures – and Cultural Quotient (CQ) – the cognitive, motivational, and behavioral capacities to understand and respond to beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviors of individuals and groups- can help you build behavioral capacities that aid motivation, behavior, and productivity in teams as well as individuals. Learn how to build more culturally intelligent place with tools and techniques from “Leading with Cultural Intelligence” by David Livermore, as well as content from the Hofstede cultural model. In addition, we discuss some real life experiences to illustrate the model and demonstrate how we adapted in common circumstances.
About Presenter: Priyanka Sharma and Thena Berry
- Priyanka Sharma is a Director QA at Davita, helping bring Quality Engineering to support next generation QA. She has 17+ year of engineering background and focuses on building the frameworks, and cultural intelligence strengths. Priyanka is passionate about quality upstream, and servant leadership. In her career, she has had several opportunities to build global teams from the ground up.Thena Berry is a Manager BA at Davita. She has 20+ year career as a Technical Communicator and has worked across multiple industries. In each of her endeavors, she focuses on building effective processes for getting the right information to the right person at the right time.
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Leadership)
- Event Date: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Registration: 11:30 am – 11:50 am
- Program: 11:50 am – 1:00 pm
- Marriott Cool Springs
700 Cool Springs Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
- Early Registration Member: $25
- Early Registration Non-Member: $30
- Walk-in Registration at the door: $35 (space not guaranteed for walk-ins)
Registration Close Time: Jan 14, 2018 (Sunday) @ midnight
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by registration close time.
Add HTML after event content