- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville July 2017 luncheon – Topic: Magic 8-Ball Risk Management
July 18, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Do senior leaders ignore your risk meetings, and you, like the plague? Do they ask the same questions over and over, which highlight their misconceptions and confusion associated with sound risk methodology?“Magic 8-Ball Risk Management,” is a fun, yet informative, presentation based on Bob Mahler’s project experience. After 25+ years of risk management there are some very common questions and comments that Bob has repeatedly heard and most can be easily answered with one of the 20 possible responses from a Magic 8-Ball! This presentation is for all experience levels and will touch upon the risk plan, supporting documentation, risk owners and much more. You’ll be amazed at how a Magic 8-Ball can be used to bring clarity to risk management!”
- Bring clarity to risk management. Understand the risk plan , risk owners and supporting documentation.
About Presenter: Bob Mahler
- Mr. Bob Mahler served in the U.S. Army in the Mechanized Infantry and later as a Green Beret. Bob has served in multiple PMIWDC Board positions.As a communications expert on a Special Forces A Team, Bob planned his training and combat operations using sound risk methodology for possible risk events and responses for them. Communications is the life link for any team and robust responses are critical. While with Sprint Nextel he was responsible for supporting multiple Federal, State and local agencies in response to Hurricane’s Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Ivan and Gustave. He also supported the Virginia Tech Shooting, Greensburg Kansas Tornado, multiple California Wildfires and a range of training scenarios. Bob worked with the TSA as a Risk Planner for multiple technical, terrorist and environmental risk plans that supported the Homeland Security response scenarios for the White House. He was also a committee member for the National Risk Assessment for the Telecommunication’s Sector in support of Homeland Security. He is the current Director of Business Development for Velociteach, a Kennesaw, GA based REP. Bob currently lives in Murfreesboro TN.
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Technical)
- Event Date: Tuesday, Jul 18, 2017
- Registration: 11:30 am – 11:50 am
- Program: 11:50 am – 1:00 pm
- Millennium Maxwell House
2025 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville, TN 37228
- Early Registration Member: $25
- Early Registration Non-Member: $30
- Walk-in Registration at the door: $35 (space not guaranteed for walk-ins)
Registration Close Time: Jul 16, 2017 (Sunday) @ midnight
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by registration close time.
Add HTML after event content