PMI Nashville March 2021 Luncheon Webinar – Choose a Way of Working: Agile or Waterfall?
March 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Description: Agile has crossed the chasm. No longer the realm of just the technology enthusiasts and visionaries, every project manager these days must come forward with agile skills to serve customers with products and services. Agile has even made way into the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMP Instructors with Authorized Training Partners (ATP) now must have agile experience. Certainly pragmatists now embrace agile. So, the PMP has included agility but not abandoned the plan driven wisdom gained in decades of learning. In fact, PMI has documented plan driven and many agile techniques in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as well. For example, PMI has long promoted agility in the form of Progressive Elaboration and Rolling Wave Planning. There is a time for agile, a time for plan driven approaches, and a time to craft a hybrid model tailored to your local context. Come to this session to play an Innovation Game on selection of methods. The Innovation Game is a serious game called ‘Adaptive or Plan Driven.’ Using an on-line virtual environment with Miro and Zoom, attendees will use gamified techniques to develop consensus on how to approach delivery of several different products and services. Attendees will leave with a Guerrilla Project Management rubric. The rubric helps to leading Guided Continuous Improvement (GCI) in selection of the right Way of Working (WoW).
- Objectives: The educational content of this session is intended for all audiences interested in agile and project management. The Live Virtual environment is best experienced with a full-form computer, e.g., Laptop or Desktop with a second screen. Past attendees have expressed several equipment preferences. A cheap USB mouse with a zoom roller rather than a touchpad makes it easier to navigate the online, virtual post-it-notes boards in Miro. An inexpensive USB second screen works well with a Laptop allowing simultaneous viewing of the main conference room share and the virtual Team rooms. A good headset with a boom microphone helps individuals immerse in Team rooms. The best learning for attendees depends on everyone’s participation. Please make sure to be able to commit to the full session. If you self-identify as not being a ‘Digital Native’, please consider watching introductory tutorial recordings about Zoom and Miro. Look forward to a great interactive session with great networking opportunities!
- Guerrilla Project Management Principle Andy Burns PMP, PMI-ACP, CDAI, DAC, SPC is also a full time Scaled Lean Agile practitioner involved in product development at one of the top ten software engineering companies. Working at Siemens Digital Industries Andy supports more than 130 Scrum Teams building Teamcenter and Active Workspace, the world’s number one Product Lifecycle Management Software. As a practitioner Andy uses what he teaches every day. Benefit from his experiences learning about road tested tools, techniques, and frameworks.
PDU(s): 1.0 (Category: Technical)
- Event Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- Program: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Central
Registrants will receive the link
Regular Registration Members: $5
Regular Registration Non-members: $10
Registration Close Time: Two hours before event
Note: Members of other PMI Chapters, please include your PMI number so you can get the member rate.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to email@example.com by the Sunday before the event at 11:59 pm
Add HTML after event content