- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville May 2017 luncheon – Topic: Alpha Project Managers with Andy Crowe
May 16 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Imagine having access to the top project managers from industries around the world. Imagine uncovering what they do, how they approach their challenges, and what they know. Author Andy Crowe did just that with The Alpha Study, a survey of over 5,000 project managers and stakeholders. Through in-depth interviews and discussions, the common attributes of the most elite project managers-from character and beliefs to organizational approaches-were uncovered and explored.
- This presentation shares findings from the Alpha study, getting you inside the minds of the top managers (“Alphas”) and sharing their practices, attitudes, and secrets. It will explore eight areas where the top performers stand apart from everyone else: Attitude and Belief, Focus and Prioritization, Communication, Approach, Relationships and Conflict, Alignment, Issue Management, and Leadership.
- Find out how the top managers maximize their authority on a project and the impact that has on senior management.
- Discover why the Alpha project managers are ranked as being nearly twice as responsive as the other 98% of project managers and the techniques they use to manage priorities to make their projects more successful.
- Learn why 94% of all project managers rank themselves as being better communicators than their stakeholders do and ways for turning that around.
- Find out how the top project managers leverage relationships, conflict, alignment, change management, leadership, and much more.
About Presenter: Andy Crowe
- Andy Crowe is the CEO and founder of Velociteach, and author of Alpha Project Managers: What the Top 2% Know that Everyone Else Does Not, and The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, and the PMI-ACP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try. His books and resources have sold over 250,000 copies worldwide.
Velociteach was recently chosen as PMI’s education provider of the year and was recognized as one the top 100 small businesses in the USA by the US Chamber of Commerce.
- He is a PMP, a PgMP, and a Six Sigma Black Belt, and he lives in Kennesaw, GA.
- 1.5 (Talent Triangle Category: Strategic)
- Event Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- Registration: 11:30 am – 11:50 am
- Program: 11:50 am – 1:00 pm
- Marriott Cool Springs
700 Cool Springs Blvd
Franklin, TN 37067
- Early Registration Member: $25
- Early Registration Non-Member: $30
- Walk-in Registration at the door: $35 (space not guaranteed for walk-ins)
NOTE: If you are a PMI Nashville member, please ensure that you register using the email address on file with PMI global to receive the PMI Nashville member discount.
Registration Close Time: May 14, 2017 (Sunday) @ 11:59pm
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by registration close time.
Add HTML after event content