PMP Certification Prep Course – PMBOK 6th Edition by PMI Nashville & New Horizons
July 16 @ 8:00 am - July 20 @ 4:30 pm
This intensive Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam prep course is taught by real-world PMP® certified practitioners and includes the most current guide, plus a wide variety of learning tools and study aids, all using PMI® terminology.
This course is for people who have on the job experience doing project management activities and running projects, regardless of their job title. It is for those who wish to become certified project managers, or those that want to build or reinforce a foundation in project management. This course is ideal for a person who wants to grow and formalize their project management skills on an industry neutral. This course is ideal for a leader or manager wanting to take their career and salary to the next level in earning the globally recognized PMP® credential.
Event Objectives and/or Agenda:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to do the following: Obtain an understanding of how project management effects business, create a charter, identify stakeholders, create a project management plan, create a schedule, create a budget, create a risk register, and create various management plans. They will be able to analyze project risks, address project related procurement, execute the plan, and monitor and control it as needed. They will know how to close the project, including project and contract closeout.
1 – Framework Projects
Programs and Portfolios
Processes, Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
Role of the Project Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
2 – Integration
Develop Project Charter
Develop Project Management Plan
Direct and Manage Project Execution
Manage Project Knowledge
Monitor and Control Project Work
Perform Integrated Change Control
Close Project or Phase
3 – Scope
Plan Scope Management
4 – Schedule
Plan Schedule Management
Estimate Activity Durations
Network Diagram Exercises
5 – Cost
Plan Cost Management
Earned Value Exercises
6 – Quality
Plan Quality Management
7 – Resource
Plan Resource Management
Estimate Activity Resources
8 – Communications
Plan Communications Management
9 – Risk
Plan Risk Management
Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
Plan Risk Responses
Implement Risk Responses
10 – Procurement
Plan Procurement Management
11 – Stakeholder
Plan Stakeholder Engagement
Manage Stakeholder Engagement
Control Stakeholder Engagement
12 – Professional and Social Responsibility – Project Management Professional (PMP)® ONLY
Responsibility of a Project Manager
Respect as a Project Manager
Fairness in Project Management
Honesty as a Project Manager
13 – Course Wrap Up
About the Presenter or Vendor:
- Experienced IT professional with a passion for teaching.
- Specializing in Process Mgmt., Systems Engineering, Security & Messaging
- Director of Technical Operations in HealthCare industry
- Director of Networking Services in PFI industry
- Owner/Operator Satellite company
- Director of Regional Cable Call Center
- World acclaimed Process Management Instructor
- PMP, ITIL Expert, MCSE3, MCITP-EA, MCT, CSM, etc.
- Event Date: July 16, 2018 – July 20, 2018
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Nashville
220 Athens Way, Suite 150
Nashville, TN 37228
1. Member Fee $995.00
|Discounted Price||If Registered By|
|$995.00||Monday, July 2, 2018|
|$1,195.00||Tuesday, July 3, 2018|
2. Guest Fee $1,399.00
|Discounted Price||If Registered By|
|$1,399.00||Monday, July 2, 2018|
|$1,499.00||Tuesday, July 3, 2018|
Registration Close Time: July 15, 2018
- Payment towards enrollment :Full payment of the enrollment fee is due at the time of registration. Payment can be made through the online registration with a Credit Card. A student will not be enrolled until confirmation of Credit Card payment is processed, then an email will be sent to the student with receipt. Payments at class time will not be accepted. We will register a minimum of 12 students and no more than 25 students per course offering on a first come-first serve basis.
Cancellation Policy (by Sponsors): We may cancel any particular class because of insufficient enrollment, instructor illness or catastrophic events like floods, inclement weather, etc.). If cancellation occurs, full refunds will be made to the Credit Card payment was received.
Cancellation Policy (by Student): if student cannot come to a course sponsored by PMI Nashville:
- Cancellation more than 21 days before the course commencement date : Cancellation fee of $100 will be charged. (this is the minimum cancellation fee charged if any paid student cancels)
- Cancellation less than 21 days but more than 7 days before the course commencement date : Cancellation fee of $500 will be charged.
- Cancellation with 7 or less days of the course commencement date : No money is refundable.
Please note that we charge a cancellation fee to cover the cost for fixed expenses including facility bookings, instructor fees, course materials, etc. All refunds will be processed and payments made to students within 30 days for a course cancellation.
- Non-Transferrable Enrollment:Enrollment in the PMI Nashville Chapter sponsored PMP Prep Course is not transferrable to another course offering but may be transferred to another student for the same course as enrollment.
- Attendance and Punctuality:It is expected that each student be present and on time for each class. If you must be absent from any one of the classroom times due to illness or an emergency, you must inform the instructor. If you have difficulty meeting this expectation because of an emergency or any other reason, talk to your course instructor or the PMI Nashville Chapter Director sponsor in advance or as soon as possible. Informing the appropriate people about extenuating circumstances will allow us to work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
- Confidentiality:Photographs/Videotapes/Audio Tapes are not allowed in the classroom unless written consent is given by PMI Nashville Chapter and the Instructor.
- Proprietary use of the study material: We will provide you study guides and other material, which are proprietary property. Therefore, no part of any course materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or translated into any language, without our prior written consent. Any such activity constitutes a violation of copyright laws and the PMI code of ethics and will be reported to PMI.
NOTE: If you are a PMI Nashville member, please ensure that you register using the email address on file with PMI Global to receive the PMI Nashville member discount.
Add HTML after event content