Study Group for PMP Certification Prep (Fall 2020)
September 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Study Group for PMP Certification Prep
September 12 – December 5, 2020
Are you planning to take the PMP exam this year and want help preparing for it? The PMI Nashville Chapter is presenting its final study group of 2020. This cohort will meet on Saturdays from September 12th through December 5th (excluding Nov. 28). The study sessions provide a methodical approach to preparing for the PMP certification exam by walking through PMI’s project management framework – each Knowledge Area, Process Group and process. Each session is hosted by a certified and experienced Project Management Professional under the direction of our Director of Study Groups. They will offer guidance and expertise as they coach students on each knowledge area. This is a hands-on immersive learning process where each participant is expected to engage in presenting material, knowledge sharing and group discussions (don’t get nervous, the Director and coaches are there to coach you). When students participate in 80% of scheduled classes, they qualify for the 35 contact hours required to sit for the PMP exam.
Study Group Benefits:
- Learn through participant-led presentations, engaging in group discussions, and the expertise of PMP coaches
- Earn the 35 contact hours required to apply for the PMP exam
- Expand your professional network
- September 12 – December 5 on Saturdays at 9am-Noon CT (no class on Nov. 28)
- Virtual meetings. Any in-person meetings or small group breakouts may be coordinated among individual participants.
Organizer and Project Manager:
- Selma McGregor – Director, Study Groups for PMI Nashville Chapter
- Contact – email@example.com
- Selma McGregor is the Director of Study Groups for the PMI Nashville chapter and has been engaged in project/program management across multiple industries involving enterprise IT solutions, IT transition/transformation programs and IT service management.
- 35 PDUs Technical Project Management (also indicate which certifications it applies to)
- Chapter member: $340 (register using your PMI Global email address to qualify for this rate)
- Non-Chapter member: $390.
- Return Student**: $220 (excludes books; contact Director for discount code)
- Registration includes a copy of Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep 9th Edition (excluding return students). Each student is to provide their own copy of PMBOK 6th Edition.
- If you attended a PMI Nashville Chapter study group in the past, contact the Director of Study Groups for the discount code (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Minimum of 10 participants required for course to be held
Event Registration Close Deadline:
- September 3, 2020 at 11:59pm CT
- Fees are refundable through September 1, 2020, non-refundable after that date
Add HTML after event content