Study Group for PMP Certification Prep (Spring 2020)
Study Group for PMP Certification Prep
March 7 – May 9, 2020
The PMI Nashville Chapter is presenting a study group March 7th through May 9th. The sessions are designed to expose students to PMI’s globally recognized and proven standard for project management. The training provides a methodical approach to preparing for the PMP certification exam and enhancing one’s knowledge of PMI’s project management framework, Knowledge Areas, Process Groups and processes. Each session is hosted by a certified and experienced Project Management Professional under the direction of our Director of Study Groups. They will offer guidance, expertise and address students’ questions. Students learn through presenting, knowledge sharing and engaging in group discussions. The course materials touch on all aspects of the Talent Triangle (technical, leadership as well as strategic and business). When students participate in 80% of scheduled classes, they qualify for the 35 contact hours required to sit for the PMP exam.
Study Group Benefits:
- Learn through presenting, facilitating and engaging in group discussions
- Learn from experienced PMPs
- Earn 35 contact hours
- Expand your professional network
The study group will meet in-person the first day, Saturday, March 7 at 10:30am-12:30pm, location TBD. Beginning March 14th, the remaining meetings will be held virtually each Tuesday at 7-9pm and Saturday at 10am-Noon. Any additional in-person meetings will be determined based on the group’s preferences.
Organizer and Project Manager:
- Selma McGregor – Director, Study Groups for PMI Nashville Chapter
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selma McGregor is the Director of Study Groups for the PMI Nashville chapter and has been engaged in project/program management across multiple industries involving enterprise IT solutions, IT transition/transformation programs and IT service management.
- Chapter member: $300 per person
- Non-Chapter member: $330 per person
- Return Student: $200 per person (excludes books)
- If you attended a PMI Nashville Chapter study group in the past, contact the Director of Study Groups for the discount code (email@example.com). Each student must provide their copy of PMBOK 6th Edition. Registration includes a copy of Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep 9th Edition (excluding return students). $30 credit if the student owns RMC 9th Edition.
- Minimum of 6 participants
- Fees are refundable through February 24, 2020, non-refundable after that date
Add HTML after event content