1220 Exhibits – Project Manager – Full Time
Contact: Thad Johannessohn (TJohannessohn@1220.com)
WHAT WE DO
1220 is a custom fabrication team that helps our clients (i.e. museums, corporations, and marketing agencies) realize their visions and tell their stories through unique and engaging experiences.
Collaborating with clients and designers, we engineer, build, and install environments that utilize exhibitory, graphics, audiovisual systems, interactives, and other allied crafts. Our process with our staff and clients is rooted in our powerful commitment to execute the work with integrity and quality.
The 1220 Exhibits PROJECT MANAGER plays one of the most important roles in the company as he/she is responsible for the successful completion of a project, on time and on budget. Since 1220 Exhibits Project Managers spend a lot of time with the client, the ideal candidate is a professional and organized self-starter with exceptional communication skills who can manage multiple projects, work well under pressure, solve problems, and conduct themselves professionally with co-workers and vendors alike. If you are looking for a job where no two days are the same, this is the position for you.
- Develop project plans and comply with budgets and scheduling for assigned projects
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely written communications with all project team members, department coordinators and clients
- Maximize efficiency of assigned project team through strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills
- Mediate and resolve project team conflicts
- Monitor and coordinate timely execution of major milestone approvals with client, prepare necessary paperwork to document approvals.
- Coordinate payment milestones with the Account Executive and upper management
- Negotiate price, warranty and delivery issues with critical outside suppliers
- Manage outside suppliers of custom services, i.e. contractors, custom equipment suppliers, etc.
- Expedite critical path suppliers through purchasing department. Negotiate and resolve outside disputes with outside suppliers
- Three (3) years’ experience in project management or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage budget restraints
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and Windows
- Meet deadlines with prepared estimates
- Participate in the job handoff process by reviewing the scope and estimate documentation with the Account Manager and Detailer
- Shop fabrication and museum exhibit experience a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage delivery schedules
Job Type: Full-time
This position is based at our offices in Nashville, Tennessee. Must be willing to relocate.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1