Application Development Manager – Direct Hire – Nashville – Pivot Point Consulting
The Application Development Manager is responsible for supervision and direction of the Application Development Team, providing architectural strategy, direction, software development and support of business applications for Companies initiatives and solutions. This position is also responsible for the definition of development tools and approach, specifications, deliverables, and deployment. Additional responsibilities include resource management and allocation for development efforts, working closely with requestors, product managers, quality assurance, and implementations to provide timely and optimal execution and delivery.
- Work with senior leadership to define, build consensus around, and implement enterprise architecture solutions to ensure performance, scalability, maintainability and extensibility.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to provide strategy, design, direction, and leadership for software development initiatives.
- Work with senior leadership to build a highly effective and collaborative software development team. Foster a positive attitude and a culture of accomplishment, success, team work, and high morale.
- Define and implement full life cycle software development processes and procedures, including architecture, design, development, testing, QA, infrastructure, deployment, support, maintenance, and documentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, document, and prioritize application requirements, features, and bug fixes. Participate in daily scrum meetings to ensure adequate development and testing progress, and to provide direction as needed.
- Provide time and resource estimates for software development activities.
- Provide direction and supervision for Application Development Team members through code and system development processes, planning, coordination, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Recruit, interview, and hire developers to meet company strategy and application delivery requirements and deadlines. Retain preferred employees and perform employee coaching and mentoring.
- Create and conduct performance reviews for all direct reports.
- 7+ years of successful experience and ability developing and leading highly competent Development Teams, resulting in superior technical and business deliverable s.
- Must possess capability to manage multiple complex development projects and assignments concurrently, excellent written and oral presentation skills, positive attitude and initiative, high degree of analytical and interpersonal skills, and teamwork approach.
- Additional experience should include an articulate understanding and success in applying development efforts to achieve business objectives and revenue goals based on defined timelines and deadlines.
- Based in Nashville, Tennessee (also open to the right candidate in St. Louis or Kansas City)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business-related field.
Hank Williams III
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1