The Project Lead I is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts. The candidate will be responsible for leading the project from inception to final business acceptance and implementation. This is a non-work from home position and may require > 40 hr./week. There is a flexible start time between 7:30am-8:30am depending on business need.
-25% Develops and monitors project plans, risk management plans, and project documentation from scope to post implementation. Ensures project documentation and deliverables are complete, on budget, within scope, and in accordance with standards.
– 20% Identifies items that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort. Monitors resource requirements based on project specifications. Ensures resources are assigned to meet project objectives while managing project hours budgeted.
– 20% Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of project communications. Facilitates effective communications between all parties involved in the project and/or work efforts. This will include meetings, correspondence, status reports and other documentation.
– 20% Identifies the impact of issues arising from the work efforts and/or resource requirements. Manages the project issues throughout the project life cycle. Communicates the implications of changes to the project scope with appropriate parties.
– 15% Responsible for ensuring all work efforts have appropriate documentation for audit purposes utilizing project methodology standards in accordance with the ISSM.
– Bachelor’s Degree OR,
– Two years of job related experience plus an associate’s degree in any major OR,
– Four years of job related work experience
– Certified Scrum Master or Coach is preferred
Required Work Experience:
– Three years IT experience in a leadership capacity on one or more project teams.
– Completion of the BCBSSC Training Program for Project Management may substitute for one year of work experience.
– Experience with both agile (40%) and waterfall (60%) methodologies.
Required Skills and Abilities:
– Strong communications (verbal and written) skills with assertive yet customer-focused style.
– Demonstrated leadership skills in a team or project environment.
– Demonstrated problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills.
– Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
– Understanding of project management principles and methodologies, information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and measures of success for the business unit and the organization.
– Demonstrated competency in management of resources to meet goals and multiple projects.
– Basic ability to lead one or more multidiscipline, high-performance work teams throughout project life cycle.
– Ability to negotiate terms and scope of work documents.
– Ability to prepare and present formal presentations.
– Ability to manage all phases of work effort from inception to completion.
– Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If interested, please contact Erica Kirksey at Erica.email@example.com
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, SC, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1