Located in Nashville, TN, this is not a remote (work-from-home) job opportunity.
This position functions as a project/team leader in developing and executing formal test plans to ensure quality software applications.
- Defines and analyzes quality assurance metrics on test results defects etc.
- Monitors the system for exceptions and other items requiring review during testing and post testing.
- Responsible for providing expertise to clients so they understand the testing process.
50% Reviews, analyzes, assigns and leads major system projects or changes. Leads the test teams for review and development of test matrices and requests and provides necessary tools and information to assure accuracy. Attends project Scope, Design and Test Plan walkthroughs. Performs quality checks and researches/responds to any audits. Monitors systems for exceptions and other items requiring post-test attention during the testing process. Attends technical requirement meetings and makes recommendations as needed for system design.
20% Researches, analyzes and develops solutions for improving applicable systems such as ways of increasing system productivity and decreasing manual intervention. Makes recommendations to management and other productions areas on how to improve operational workflows. Provides training and supporting documentation.
10% Defines and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results, and test status to ensure work is as free of errors as possible. Analyzes test data for accuracy and provides production with implementation impacts on their current processes. Creates defect records based on analysis of test results to correct programming deficiencies. Creates statistical information for Information Systems and customers in order to track the progress of implementations.
10% Participates with other areas on special projects and committees to improve testing quality and achieve more accurate results. Works with other areas to update relevant desk procedures as impacted by change sheets/projects.
10% Handles other production projects or responsibilities that vary per area worked.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience working in related processing support systems.
- Four years of system testing or system testing development experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Testing Tools (example: HP / ALM Quality Center or comparable tools)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business math skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Related systems-support knowledge.
- Familiarity with relevant departmental software and area reporting methodologies.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, database and spreadsheet applications software.
- Ability to use standard office equipment: phone, copier, fax machine, computer, etc.
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Contact Erica Kirksey at email@example.com
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, High School
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1