The Project Manager II works directly with the customer and associates across all departments to manage customer project implementations. By facilitating the implementation of products/services in a customer-focused manner, this position promotes new and/or additional revenue opportunities for our company. Project Management positions demand attention to detail, a thorough command of organization and communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Oversees all aspects of the projects, sets and adheres to deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes the status of the project
- Provides project plan updates via project tools or Word documents on a regular basis
- Assesses training needs and conducts training with the client as needed
- Handles more complex setups and manages implementations that fall into a larger time frame for implementation completion based upon an agreed upon “go live” with the client
- Work with sales, project management, the customer and other associates to on-board customer implementations
- Review the sales pipeline and conducts introductory and implementation calls with the client to review and validate the products sold
- Collect all necessary data from the sales rep and from the client to accurately complete the setup and implementation of the account
- Sets up the account and conducts webinar training with the client as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the job
- 3+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- 3+ years of experience with implementations, client support, or customer-interfacing
- PMP certification is preferred
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, solid analytical skills and attention to details; and excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate our product offerings and functionality
- Highly responsive to calls and emails; utilize available tools to track projects and manage priorities without compromising other responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues; ability to analyze customer processes and provide creative solutions for implementation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations and effectively facilitate meetings
- Ability to aid in the effective and timely revenue ramp of each client is critically important
- Keep informed of new enhancements to the system which will affect existing or future implementations
- Familiarity with Smartsheet project management software, tools and techniques preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce software preferred
- Make suggestions for process improvements to address project quality, cost reduction, cycle time and/or productivity
About The Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
$2.4B Annual Revenue
600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
2.6B+ Transactions per Year
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR Enjoys Global Recognition Including Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
We Are Therefore Committed To Building And Nurturing a Culture Of Diversity, Inclusion, And Belonging By
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations; Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
Our Entrepreneurial Spirit Remains Strong Across Our Global Workforce, And We Reinforce These Principles In Our Five Core Values
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results.
Innovation: Figure out a better way
Execution: Get it done quickly
Integrity: Do the right thing
People: We make the difference
Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law.If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
Please reach out to Ryan Mayes(firstname.lastname@example.org) on any questions.
- Jobs summary
- Location: Brentwood, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1