Please apply through the following link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm?&promotionaljobs=0&transfer=0
IT Manager Senior, Program Management, Portfolio Services
The Information Technology (IT) Manager Senior, Portfolio Services, is a key role in managing multiple work streams, services, tasks and projects within a defined business channel/program across the Dept. of Human Services.
The IT Manager Senior is responsible for program management focusing on tighter integration, closely knit communications with additional control over resource management and priorities for a line of business. This role oversees a “set” of projects from concept through completion using a team of experts whose sole focus is achieving the business owner’s expected outcomes and results. The person filling this position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical guidance to teams of different disciplines, project managers and other stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide planning, support, and metrics to leadership to ensure that appropriate investments in tools, processes, and people are made to provide business value;
• Develop and report key metrics within the department’s portfolio for each program area;
• Identify issues and opportunities, analyze problems and alternatives, and develop sound conclusions and recommendations;
• Daily program management throughout the entire program life cycle;
• Define the program governance (controls);
• Plan the overall program and monitor the progress;
• Manage the program’s budget;
• Manage risks and issues and take corrective measures;
• Coordinate with all teams involved to identify projects and their interdependencies;
• Work with peers to manage and utilize resources appropriately across projects;
• Lead team members by example;
• Manage stakeholders’ communication;
• Plan, track, and report on program outputs and outcomes;
• Set and track change control procedures;
• Develop stakeholders’ map, defining the interest of each group
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/MIS/Computer Science or a general degree with emphasis in technology/business. Ten (10) years of professional level Project Management experience in information technology including a minimum of three (3) years of Program Management experience.
The following are desired qualifications.
• Master’s in technology or business discipline.
• Experience as a Project Manager in large mission critical enterprise systems.
This position requires the following.
• Dedication and commitment to customer service focused delivery of solutions;
• Strong understanding of SDLC and service delivery models;
• Superior problem solving ability;
• Proven experience juggling multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Demonstrated flexibility, resilience, and resourcefulness;
• Ability to identify current or future problems or opportunities, analyze, synthesize, and compare information to understand issues and cause/effect relationships, and explore alternative solutions to support sound decision-making;
• Ability to work across disciplines and collaborate well with other teams;
• Ability to lead teams with proven skills in resource planning, mentoring, coaching, and conflict resolution skills;
• Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Strong portfolio management knowledge;
• Excellent customer relationship management skills;
• Knowledge of change management principles;
• Working knowledge of program/project management software (Planview, MS Project etc.);
• Thorough understanding and handling of program management methodologies and techniques;
• In depth ability to understand the wider objectives of the program;
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals, both internally and externally;
• Advanced knowledge in project financials and demand/capacity management;
The State of TN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1