Major Retail company has an immediate need for an IT Program Manager for a Permanent Salary or Contract to Hire Consultant position to support Point of Sales/POS systems. Responsible for overseeing the budgeting, planning, and execution of multiple cross-functional IT projects that are inter-related. Ensures that cross-project work efforts, dependencies, and project objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
• Directing and leading the delivery of highly complex IT applications and systems, which includes leadership of multiple dependent projects across multiple functional areas and technology platforms.
• All program oversight, including planning, directing, and managing cross-functional team members.
• Leading meetings with executive business partners and technology leadership to understand business goals and solutions needs.
• Developing program-level vision, strategy, approach, and implementation plans required to achieve necessary business outcomes.
• Leading teams of IT professionals.
• Facilitating the creation of business cases, program road-maps, and program governance structures to support Project Managers.
• Ensuring the integrated scope, schedule, budget, and quality of multiple project teams.
• Developing detailed project charters and plans, specifying goals, objectives, strategy, scope, budget, scheduling, risk mitigation strategies, contingency plans, approach, requirements, deliverables, timelines, work breakdown structures, use case, test case, and training needs, as necessary for all project assignments.
• Identifying, tracking and managing program level risks and issues.
• Serving as escalation point to resolve program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans and communicate status to programs executive leadership team.
• Ensuring that the sequencing of projects is appropriate at the program level.
• Functioning as central point of program communication and status for program team members, stakeholders, management and executives.
• Directing the application of various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, architectural review, quality assurance and facilitation.
• Providing objective advice, expertise and leadership support to program team.
• Leading the assessment of potential new projects within the program area, supports the analysis of the business opportunity, defines the delivery approach, builds resource estimates and schedules, creates program artifacts and works with the Business or Functional IT leaders to gain agreement on project scope and approach. Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives.
• Overseeing, tracking and controlling program finances and maximizing financial efficiency.
• Ensuring that each project within the program is budgeted appropriately, completed on time and within budget.
• Ensuring consistency of project management best practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree & 10+ years experience in project management
• 3 years of program management experience across multiple IT projects
• Project management experience in a retail environment required.
• Current retail POS experience is required.
• Experience with mobile POS vs. “static” POS
• Experience with back-end integration is sought.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Six Sigma and Lean certifications a plus.
• Strong experience and understanding of project management methodologies (e.g., Agile SCRUM, Waterfall, PRINCE 2).
• Expert skills with MS Project, MS Office, Sharepoint, and Visio
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1