Job Title: Project Manager – IT
Revision Date: July 25, 2017
Job Code: 86391
FLSA: Exempt Salary
Revised By: Clarissa Elliott
Pay Grade: SCH014
Comp Reviewed By: Craig S. Ott
Work Location: Local (1) Primarily works at Bransford Office Campus
Duration: 12 months
• Manages assigned projects
• create and execute project plans
• lead cross-functional teams for successful on-time completion of projects
• coordinate closely with internal and external clients and stakeholders
• strong verbal and written communications
• identify and mitigates risks
• create and publish project status reports for all organizational levels
• Experienced with MS Project, Project Server, Excel
Reports to: Director Project Management and Change Control
Department Name: Technology and Information Services
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Job Duty/Resp. 1: Develop and manage comprehensive project plans, documentation, including but not limited to scope, risks and mitigation, communications and project schedule. Identify requirements and tracking measurements.
• Job Duty/Resp. 2: Relationship manager coordinating with internal, and external stakeholders to identify and confirm resources needed and availability; raise resource concerns on identification
• Job Duty/Resp. 3: Identify, analyze and integrate business and technical needs as part of project plan communicating to the different audiences, business and or technical, as appropriate – whether business or technology oriented.
• Job Duty/Resp. 4: Regular communications, written and or verbal with all stakeholders, internal or external; compiles and publish project status reports, led, manage results, value focused project meetings.
• Job Duty/Resp. 5: Identify and work to mitigate risks, perform impact analysis as part of the change management process and make recommendations regarding proposed changes to the projects.
• Job Duty/Resp. 6: Create and make presentations including dashboards, WBS, flowcharts, mind map and brainstorming across all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Required minimum: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
• Eight years’ applicable experience may be used in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum seven years’ experience in managing projects in the project manager role combined with proven ability to manage a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity to successful completion.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations Required:
• Minimum CAPM preferred.
• Familiarity with CMMI and/or ITIL and/or MOF
• Proficient with MS Project, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS SharePoint, MS-Visio and MS-PowerPoint suites
General Skills, Responsibilities, Requirements, and Impacts
• Data Responsibility: Level 5: Coordinates or determines time, place, or sequence of operations or activities based on analysis of data and possibly executes determinations or reports on events.
• People Responsibility: Level 3: Attends to the needs or requests of people and exchanges information with them.
• Assets Responsibility: Level 4: Requires responsibility and opportunity for achieving moderate economies and/or preventing moderate losses through the management or handling of supplies of high value or moderate amounts of money
• Mathematical Requirements: Level 3: Uses basic algebra calculating variables and formulas, and/or basic geometry, calculating plane and solid figures; may compute discounts, interest, ratios and proportions, and percentages.
• Communications Requirements: Level 3: Negotiates or exchanges ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs, or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
• Complexity of Work: Level 5: Performs coordinating work involving guidelines and rules with constant problem solving; requires continuous, close attention for accurate results or frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
• Impact of Decisions: Level 4: Makes decisions with moderately serious impact – affects work unit and may affect other units or citizens.
• N/A Safety of Others: Level 1: Requires no responsibility for the safety and health of others. ADA Requirements/Compliance
• Physical Demands: Level 2: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating machines, tools, or office equipment.
• Unavoidable Hazards: Level 1: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards
• Sensory Requirements: Level 1: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, and speaking.
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires MNPS to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1