This position directs, manages, plans, and administers the operational and administrative activities of Information Technology and Business project teams which are assigned to a related set of medium, large, and more complex projects, following the defined processes of the IT e Program Management Office (IT ePMO).
- Responsible for delivering small to large projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Develops and owns the project schedule, working closely with business, IT and 3rd party. providers to assure assignment of appropriate resources on a weekly basis.
- Forecasts, manages, and reports on project financials on weekly basis.
- Responsible for communicating the project’s progress through meeting documentation, status updates, leadership meetings, project updates, and project schedules.
- Manages issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the IT ePMO.
- Escalates to senior stakeholders with required actions/decisions.
- Adheres to governance expectations and guidelines and supports client’s SDLC methodology.
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project team members to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects
- Ability to partner with IT Resource managers to determine resource allocations for projects.
- Manages and ensures resources are entering the appropriate forecasted hours to projects and adjusts allocations as needed during each phase of the project.
Consultative / Advisory:
- Provides consultative support and advises on projects through the various project phases.
- Brings experience and best practices for suggestion to the client environment.
- Problem solver, facilitate and support decision making with sponsors.
Specialties / Technical Skills:
- Strong experience and understanding of project management methodologies (e.g., Agile SCRUM, Waterfall, PRINCE 2, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Portfolio/Project Management tools (i.e., PlanView, JIRA, Ariba and familiarity with purchasing and financials systems, such as Ariba and SAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams, Microsoft Project, Visio, SharePoint)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Six Sigma and Lean certifications preferred. Proficiency in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
This position is remote, work from home and will align with the client’s typical business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST). Additional hours may be required during application pilots, deployments, implementations.
- 6-10 years project experience in a Project Management role
- Large enterprise project experience with budgets between $1M+
- Experience in leading projects with 1+ year(s) in project duration
- Experience with leading team of 10-20-person team size
- Experience in managing 2+ or more third party, suppliers
- Previous external consulting experience
- Previous experience managing Waterfall and Agile/Scrum retail projects for Point of Sale (POS), Mobile POS (mPOS), Payments, Private Label Credit Card (PLCC) and Loss Prevention.
- Must have experience managing retail application projects using waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Responsible for leading internal teams at retail client and external vendors to deliver IT hardware to the retail client and retail chains (approximately 2100+ stores).
- Must have previous experience working with Procurement and external vendors, ordering and deploying hardware to retail locations, managing multiple timelines and workstreams.
Very strong Sr. PM for a New POS project. This will be a multi-year project that requires updates and integration across multiple platforms. This PM will be working with multiple application teams, business owners and vendors. This individual needs to have strong verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail and the ability to manage the financials for this project with multiple workstreams. Experience with SAP, Ariba and PlanView are a plus. Also, experience in the retail, financial or payment industry would be ideal.
Please contact Chuck Roberts at Chuck.Roberts@northhighland.com on any questions you may have.
- Jobs summary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Not Specified
- Job type: Contract
- Positions: 1