Duration: 6 months
We are currently seeking a Project Manager Assistant to join our team in Nashville, TN. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of project work including preparation, tracking, and maintenance of project plans, resource plans, schedules, and budgets.
- The candidate will support the PM’s assignment of tasks to resources, assist in time tracking, handle project plan administration, financial tracking, and other project information tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- They also serve as a backup for the Project Manager, sometimes leading meetings and producing status updates.
- On large projects, the Project Manager Assistant is often given a sub-component of the project to manage on their own.
- Supports project managers in their development of labor estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans projects.
- Develops and maintains project plan and schedule in Microsoft Project and Clarity, including the breakdown of project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown and sequencing of work).
- Works with project manager to develop project charters.
- Ensures that charter and other deliverables and documents are produced and approved as required. Stores documents and deliverables in appropriate repository.
- Works with project manager to identify risks and issues and to track contingency plans or issue resolution to completion, including maintaining risk and issue logs and tracking/reporting their status.
- Supports the project managers in tracking project dependencies, interdependencies with other projects and existing products, and critical path items.
- Monitors overall project progress and updates plans and status reports accordingly.
- Tracks financial performance of the project, including actual to budget tracking for labor hours and dollars, operating costs, and capital costs.
- Writes project status reports on required schedules including progress updates and status of all issues.
- Distributes status reporting as required – on schedule and adapts their frequency and content to the needs of the business as well as IT&S requirements.
- Participates in project post-closure reviews and creates a lessons learned document in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Completes project closure documentation and updates relevant tools and repositories.
- Supports project managers with preparation for and conducting of meetings and other project-related communications.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant field experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Parallon Technology Solutions, LLC. (PTS) provides EHR implementations, IT help desk, application support, IT managed services, hosting, technical staffing and strategic IT consulting services to hospitals, outpatient facilities, and large physician groups nationwide. With a team of over 400 clinical, financial and technical professionals, PTS has implemented EHR systems in more than 300 facilities.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Entry Level (Less than 2 years of Experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Contract
- Positions: 1