The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA’s Clinical Agenda. The Project Manager II (PM II) will focus on the implementation of various projects associated with the Electronic Health Record implementation and CSG clinical initiatives. The position requires an understanding of health care operations, facility implementations, and project management. The PM II is responsible for developing, reviewing, and maintaining project deliverable for all phases of project management in order to ensure successful implementation and completion of CSG projects.
The PM II will provide toolkits and project management for all constituencies supporting the implementation of new solutions; strong integration of IT&S and IT Field Ops resources and capabilities will be required. The position will be responsible for managing the corporate level work plan, producing status reports, assuring status reporting at the division level is collected, acting as the key support to the local core team leader, identifying and managing issues and risks, regularly providing updates to the Program or Project Director, Business Owner, and Executive Sponsors.
• Manage project activities from planning, to detailed solution design to pilot and full roll-out and implementation.
• Manage the development of the appropriate project documents, such as: project charter, plans, tools, and approaches to ensure successful implementation.
• Develop, baseline, and maintain the project plan in MS Project and Clarity, working closely with IT&S counterpart.
• Coordinate the development of business case presentations and financial monthly operating reports that analyze the project expenses compared to budget (MOR)
• Manage the creation of implementation toolkits for deployment across the enterprise in collaboration with the various project team members.
• Prepare agendas, status reports and late task reports for core team meetings and/or work closely with program assistant to delegate documentation tasks.
• Lead project core team meetings and facilitate discussions.
• Facilitate effective communications among all team members and leadership to ensure comprehensive understanding of needs, expectations and requirements.
• Ensures collaborative working relationships with corporate departments, divisions, and facility leaders.
• Work as directed with IT&S and vendors to ensure we have defined requirements and EHR applications that are in compliance with all regulatory bodies.
• Facilitate process analysis sessions with other clinical corporate teams to facilitate process redesign and guide application of technology on CSG initiatives.
• Escalate issues and risks, and collaborate with appropriate parties to mitigate and identify solutions.
• Mentor and train others in the department as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned as necessary, to support the Program Office.
3-7 years related experience
MUST HAVE MS PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree Required, PMP preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required.
• Possesses good organizational and presentation skills. Demonstrated presentation/public speaking skills and experience required.
• Definitive analytical ability. Problem solving is a required core competency.
• A comfort, or even preference, for an environment of discovery and uncertainty. This program is being built from the ground up. For it to stand and prosper it needs a creative and innovative individual who is willing to take on tasks big and small that lay in the path to Meaningful Use compliance.
• Possesses developed interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and fast-paced team environment.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1