PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of IT projects. The Project Manager needs to understand alignment of project work with enterprise-wide strategies and partner with other management to proactively monitor and manage project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies for assigned work streams. Assists in maturing project governance expertise, process and procedures when and where needed.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. $1 – 3M budgetary responsibility (approximate)
2. May supervise a moderate size team of indirect reports
3. Complexity: Moderate to Difficult
SPECIFIC DUTIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (List in order of importance)
1. Provide oversight and project management for all aspects of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
2. Design and maintain project documentation and contribute to the continued enhancement of the project management body of knowledge, policies and procedures to ensure ongoing adherences to the project management standards and continued use of best practices.
3. Participate in planning sessions and other related meetings and sessions with information technology constituents, internal business users and external partners.
4. Mentor and assist Project team members as necessary to ensure successful management of company initiatives regardless of direct organizational reporting lines.
5. Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with team participants and business stakeholders.
6. Validate business requirements to determine and agree upon, achievable project objectives that align to business goals, strategies and objectives.
7. Define requirements, resources and schedules for project/program implementations, including project deliverables, goals and milestones.
8. Understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to manage project changes to facilitate risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and recommend timing of project production deployments.
9. Assist in the development of RFPs and other contractual documents as required.
10. Conduct project meetings and responsible for project tracking and analysis.
11. Provide leadership and direction to project teams to proactively manage risks, coordinate and quickly resolve issues, and deliver projects on time, within budget and at required level of quality.
12. Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
13. May be the SME for specific technologies.
14. May perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Information Technology or related field
• Minimum of 5+ years related work experience
• Requires team leadership, business acumen and ability to develop and nurture strong relationships management skills within IT and the business
• Large project leadership required
• Proven ability to work in a self-directed environment
• Experience working with and managing a globally dispersed team
• Proven commitment to the Project Management profession
• Working knowledge for systems integration and vendor management
• Certifications with PMI, Agile or Scrum alliance a plus
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Ashland City, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Contract
- Positions: 1