Continuous improvement initiatives derive significant value from focusing on the “million, one dollar ideas” as opposed to perpetually chasing the singular, “million dollar idea”. To support this continuous improvement culture and to empower the organization to become engaged and submit ideas that benefit their daily activities, we are looking to onboard a project manager well versed in scrum/agile methodologies to facilitate the dialog between IT operations and off-shore development.
In this role, the scrum master would be responsible for managing the request queue and prioritization, for moving active items forward through the use of appropriate agile techniques, and for ensuring that organizational problems are being appropriately “solutioned”. This is an ideal role for someone looking to understand more about the operational processes at an S&P 500 Company and further their project management and agile capabilities. You will be challenged by working at a fast pace and across all process areas within an organization. With the support of senior leadership you will also help build an agile methodology and culture in the Business and Technology Solutions Group (BTS) to support organizational requests with a focus on maintaining customer satisfaction.
• Manage and align teams to achieve successful project deliveries
• Improve management operating systems and assist business leaders with the development of Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and Master Schedules.
• Communicate project milestones, status and issues to key Stakeholders
• Ensure backlogs are defined and ready for the next sprints.
• Support change management at the organizational level.
• Provides support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
• Maintains relevant metrics demonstrating the value of agile practices.
• Maintains “Best Practices” policies/procedures for technical implementations.
• Build relationships both inside and outside BTS to capitalize on talent and experience.
• Have an innovative approach to reformulate, improve and define solutions to problems
• Have an instinctive ability to ask thought-provoking questions and challenge the status-quo.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must have 1+ years Agile project experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
• Adaptive coaching style and the ability to work hands-on with teams in an advisory role.
• Experience in training, coaching and mentoring new Agile/Scrum teams.
• Experience working with large, small, remote and collocated Agile/Scrum teams.
• Understanding of Agile values, principles and the Scrum framework.
• Ability to clearly communicate scope, expectations, plans, and hold team accountable for project commitments.
• Experience managing project documents, approvals, issues, decisions on various collaboration sites.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to influence and engage others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
• Exceptional communication/soft skills, both written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree
• PMP Certification
• Agile certification(s) CSM a plus
• Business Analysis experience or strong analytical skills.
• Experience working with SAP a plus
• Ability to perform project management duties regardless of solution technology or software.
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate organizational structure changes that may be required in order to improve a business process.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville/Ashland City, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Contract-to-Hire
- Positions: 1