Senior IT Project Manager
The Senior IT Project Manager will conduct or oversee a suite of information technology (IT) -specific projects (may include both technical and non-technical components) by applying deep expertise in IT project management. This includes responsibility for developing work plans to meet IT priorities and deadlines, determining and carrying out technical processes and methodologies, coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals, partnering internally and externally to make effective business IT decisions, and recognizing project process improvements.
Responsibilities consist of creating project definition documents, detailed planning through implementation and transition to operations, applying project management methodology to manage scope, budget, and timing. This position is responsible for driving projects from inception through operational hand over and provides direction for the entire project team.
This role will influence leadership and customer management levels and may be called on to consult for other project managers and department heads.
Overall, this role manages IT projects that ultimately work to move the organization forward and provide strategic and technological improvements across the business.
Achieving all project objectives by:
o Leading a cross-functional workforce and 3rd party solution provider(s) to achieve desired business outcomes (i.e. RFIs and vendor request RFPs).
o Developing and managing and project timelines using accepted project management methodology.
o Developing and controlling project budgets, forecasts, spend, and resource utilization
o Creating and maintaining project requirements and project definition documents that define project objectives as well as project objectives for time, cost, and quality.
o Providing input to and impact justification for the project team and business so that aligned and effective project and resource adjustments can be made to mitigate risks to project time, quality, and cost whenever issues are identified.
o Identifying and properly escalating changes in project scope to all stakeholders so that impact to project time, quality, and/or cost can be fully aligned to by the project team prior to project commitment.
o Partnering with other IT Project Managers (and Associates) and cross-functional IT leaders to identify program interdependencies that impact prioritization and resource allocation decisions.
o Managing dependencies affected by ongoing changes across programs/projects to make risk mitigation recommendations to the project teams and leadership.
o Follows PMO established standards to disseminate status reports from the project team.
Achieving and maintaining business stakeholder alignment throughout the project lifecycle by:
o Translating business visions and strategies into technical objectives (e.g. software and system development needs, IT architecture, testing requirements, security protocols, etc.) and program execution plans that are aligned to achieve future state business IT solutions.
o Communicating a clear vision and technical understanding of project goals and objectives to the various project teams
o Setting expectations and holding project teams accountable to those expectations to reach desired outcomes.
o Partnering with stakeholders and exercising influence throughout the business and IT internally to insure that all project initiatives and decisions are optimized for effectiveness and business advantage.
o Establishing and leads periodic project control meetings with management and stakeholders
o Functioning as the project lead subject matter expert, who guides/provides project direction for entire project or team
o Creating and delivering data-driven progress reports for senior leadership.
• Ability to conform to effectively manage the project team through an environment of shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to read and effectively adjust to differing communication styles from project and team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge of Retail or Restaurant store business systems, related hardware, and technologies
• Knowledge of AGILE project methodology
• Knowledge of PMBOK methodologies, PMI Certification a plus
• ITIL Methodology Certified is a plus
• Has developed/improved project management processes and transferred knowledge into IT as a whole
• Has a background of being sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
• Must be well-organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
• Able to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Experience reporting project status to senior management
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio programs, Smartsheets, Project and Resource portfolio tools
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, or IT related field
• 8+ years of experience working on and/or managing IT project(s) involving the implementation of SDLC project life cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• 6+ years of experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) / User Stories used to create project schedules and estimates
• Experience managing operational or project/program financial budgets and leading project teams
• Experience in developing and deploying project best practices and procedures
• Demonstrated experience facilitating relations between business groups and foster trusting relationships with colleagues and teams
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Technical expertise in business analysis, software design, Software development, data architecture, operating systems, software testing or other area
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field
• Project Management Institute (PMI) or other project/program management certification
• 6+ years of experience in IT project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional IT solutions
• 3+ years of experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. owns, operates and franchises some of the most popular brands in the quick-service restaurant industry, including the Carl’s Jr.®, Hardee’s®, Green Burrito® and Red Burrito® restaurant brands. The CKE system includes more than 3,300 restaurant locations in 42 states and in 28 countries.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Franklin, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1