Overall responsibility for a DCS Sr. Project Manager is to successfully lead complex
distribution design, implementation, and operational programs, projects – inclusive of material
handling systems implementation, system design, logistics strategy, warehouse management
and control systems, new or expanded building construction, new or redesigned processes, and
training end users, managing change across stakeholder groups, and driving distribution center
• Excellent People Skills – Build strong relationships with stakeholders, both internal and
external customer, sales teams, end users, team members, vendors, etc.
• Excellent Leadership Skills – Ability to lead medium to large scale material handling
integration projects. Leading project quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
• Excellent Project Management Skills – Manages & controls scope, schedule and budget.
Lead project quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
• Excellent Delivery Management Skills – Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines
are met throughout project lifecycle.
• Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal and written, as well as, how to properly
communicate to each type of stakeholder
• Excellent Sales Support Skills – Managing the pre-project development of project
proposals or statements of work, time- phased resource/vendor plans, material handling
and cost estimates, project schedules, and customer contracts and commitments.
• Subject Matter Expert – Demonstrates subject matter expertise on distribution center
operational concepts, processes, control systems, execution systems, material handling
solutions, and implementation methods relevant to assigned customer engagements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS – Educational / Experience Requirements:
• Industrial, mechanical or civil engineering degree or equivalent with 2 years’ experience
in warehouse layout design or five years’ experience without degree.
• Project Management Professional certification, preferred
• Five years’ experience as Project Manager for material handling systems, or very closely-
• Multiple experiences successfully delivering business results from similar, complex
distribution implementation project
• Strong level of business acumen
• Strong collaboration and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Project and SharePoint software
• Strong skills in use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills
• High level comprehension of financial analysis
• Ability to coach, mentor, and manage others
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Basic to Intermediate AutoCAD Skills
• Ability to work effectively on a team and support high levels of performance
• Ability to perform essential functions of the job
• Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
Essential requirements of this position will require physical presence in various environments
and locations. Physical stamina may be required for prolonged standing, bending, stooping,
and/or working in cramped quarters. Exposure to potentially dangerous tools and equipment
amidst a variety of building materials is probable, as is occasional exposure to moving
mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can vary from being relatively quiet,
to moderate, to excessive. Safety shoes or boots may be required in certain situations.
Additional safety clothing including gloves, hardhats, and devices to protect eyes, mouth, or
hearing, will be worn as necessary.
DCS is an EO Employer — M/F/Veteran/Disabled
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Franklin, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1