POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Manager – Engineering
Performs project leadership for new product development projects and cross functional project teams from concept through production based upon Customer / Marketing directives.
Responsible for execution and delivery of project assignments ranging in various degrees of complexity from component level to complete system development.
Applies sound project management principles in planning, leading, and tracking all project goals to ensure accomplishment of defined goals and objectives within time and budget constraints.
Coordinates project deliverables with all departments, vendors, customers and others as defined within the scope of the project.
Provides management with periodic updates of project status as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Development and implementation of product concepts and ideas from Customers and Marketing into executable project requirements.
- Manages / leads all projects through the company PMF Check Point Gate process
- Establish, track and report of project plans through use of established Project Management Tools and use of best project management practices (schedules / resource plan / project tracking)
- Coordinate the development of technical product documentation required for project execution such as technical specifications, test plans, DFMEA, DFM / DFA, etc.
- Chair and report out of all project meetings to include design reviews, check point reviews, and other team meetings as defined
- Development and tracking of investment capital budgets and product costs for projects assigned
- Manages and Directs all assigned resources as defined as direct reports or assigned within a matrix organization
- Plans and approves all resource and work requests performed by Engineering Support Areas such as Model Shop, Agency Labs, CAD, Reliability, Consumer Sciences.
- Develops project schedules to PPAP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
- Ensures the timely preparation and execution of engineering project documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications).
- Demonstrate creative ability through continuous improvement or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Interface and coordinate follow ups with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all project requirements / deliverables.
- Performs any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management;
- Leads or participates in special function teams and support production as required.
- Assists in the establishment of project / design objectives and execute these requirements to meet these objectives.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
- 4-year degree in relevant field of study
- This position may be filled at a junior level with 2-7 years of experience in new product development and/or project management, or may be filled at a senior level with 7+ years of experience in new product development with a demonstrated track record of launching successful and innovative product.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with a largely diverse cross functional group
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills leading cross functional project teams
- Demonstrated ability as a problem solver and ability to determine root cause
- Direct experience in the Major Appliance Industry is a large plus
- Knowledge of Plastics / Sheet Metal design / development is a plus
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required (MS Office Products / MS Project)
- General knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Available for limited travel with possibilities of possible extended and/or overnight stays.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, the company will attempt to provide reasonable assistance. Applicants will not be penalized as a result of a request for assistance.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Springfield, Tennessee, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1