Zycron has a great Senior PM opportunity. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning, coordinating, implementing and finalizing projects according to the specifications and deadlines, all while keeping the project within budget. Proficiency in utilizing the current methodology and improving the methodology and processes overtime will determine the success of the candidate.
As a member of the project management office team the PM will work with IT, Business Owners, and third party contractors to deliver IT projects from initiation to implementation and closure. The responsibilities include delivering projects on-time and on budget according to the defined scope, timeline, and cost. Projects under the supervision of the project management office are diverse and range from infrastructure to application development. The candidate will also have the responsibility of mentoring, training, and guiding other team members in the application and execution of PMO standards and practices.
The ideal candidate will have had proven success leading a wide range of projects bringing together IT and Business partners, be team oriented, and a track record of delivering in a highly collaborative work environment. Strong communication, creative problem solving, ability to negotiate, and adaptability are all skills that are critical to this role. The candidate must also have the ability to contribute to the development and advancement of standards and processes while constantly improving the project management office.
• Manage day-to day operations achieving project compliance utilizing and improving the current project methodology implemented by the client
• Define project scope, governance, goals, and deliverables that support business and IT&S goals, in collaboration with business owners, and other stakeholders.
• Develop labor estimates, cost estimates, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and overall plans for projects.
• Adhere to the project management methodology standards implemented by the client and become the knowledge expert of the current project methodology.
• Organize project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work. Ensure that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
• Communicate project status, progress, risks and issues as appropriate to project team members and stakeholders.
• Identify project risks, develop mitigation and contingency plans, track, and escalate as necessary.
• Provide high-level customer service to the entire client organization and internal IT members
• Ensure quality and consistency in process and procedures
• Effectively engage and present to all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to executive leadership team
• Extremely strong interpersonal, negotiating, and conflict management skills
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, training, and team building skills
• Conduct business and form relationships based on solid personal values and integrity
• Demonstrate a positive, results-oriented attitude and foster environment with same values
• Ability to work independently to perform research, present options and recommendations
• Communicate effectively and professionally in format/media as appropriate
• Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and activities
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, computer science, or related field required.
• Current Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Minimum three years’ experience in a project management role
• Strong knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc…)
• Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint
• Working knowledge of electric utility operations is a plus
• Prior exposure to Agile methodologies in an enterprise environment
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1