Solomon Page Group – Infrastructure Program Manager/Retail Systems Consultant – Contract
Major Retail Company has an immediate need for an Infrastructure Program Manager to oversee the budgeting, planning, and execution of multiple cross-functional IT projects that are inter-related. The Program Manager ensures that cross-project work efforts, dependencies, and project objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
- Directs and leads the delivery of highly complex IT Hardware Infrastructure projects, which includes leadership of multiple dependent projects across multiple functional areas and technology platforms.
- Responsible for all program oversight, including planning, directing, and managing cross-functional team members.
- Leads meetings with executive business partners and technology leadership to understand business goals and solutions needs, including participation in business requirements definition.
- Develops program-level vision, strategy, approach, and implementation plans required to achieve necessary business outcomes.
- Leads team of IT professionals, within the ePMO, providing leadership, direction and mentoring to personnel to achieve maximum effectiveness; maintains effective communication within the department
- Supervises employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, coaching, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination
- Facilitates the creation of business cases, program road-maps, and program governance structures to support Project Managers. Ensures the integrated scope, schedule, budget, and quality of multiple project teams.
- Responsible for developing detailed project charters and plans, specifying goals, objectives, strategy, scope, budget, scheduling, risk mitigation strategies, contingency plans, approach, requirements, deliverables, timelines, work breakdown structures, use case, test case, and training needs, as necessary for all project assignments.
- Identifies, tracks and manages program level risks and issues. Serves as escalation point to resolve program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans and communicate status to programs executive leadership team. Ensures the sequencing of projects is appropriate at the program level.
- Functions as central point of program communication and status for program team members, stakeholders, management and executives. Communications are professional, timely, and clear and present the correct level of information based on audience.
- Directs the application of various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, architectural review, quality assurance and facilitation. Provides objective advice, expertise and leadership support to program team members with the aim of creating value, driving program work, and delivering to business expectations.
- Leads the assessment of potential new projects within the program area, supports the analysis of the business opportunity, defines the delivery approach, builds resource estimates and schedules, creates program artifacts and works with the Business or Functional IT leaders to gain agreement on project scope and approach. Influences and leads large-scale change initiatives.
- Oversee, track and control program finances and maximize financial efficiency.
- Ensures each project within the program is budgeted appropriately and the projects complete on time and within budget.
- Ensure consistency of project management best practices.
- Identifies the key project interdependencies across the program that may impact IT and other functional areas.
- Accountable for adherence to established delivery standards and industry best practices to insure successful project delivery leads to the overall program goals being achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree & 10+ years of experience in IT project management
- 3+ years of program management experience across multiple IT Hardware Infrastructure projects is required.
- Project management experience in a retail environment and retail hardware deployment required.
- Professional Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Six Sigma and Lean certifications preferred.
- Strong experience and understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile SCRUM, Waterfall, PRINCE 2 et).
- Expert skills with MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, and Visio
- Excellent communication skills
If you are interested, send a Word copy of your resume to Carolyn Washington/Senior Recruiter at cwashington@Solomonpage.com or call 661 285 6922
- Jobs summary
- Location: Nashville, United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Contract
- Positions: 1