The Division of TennCare is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Project Management Office (PMO) and its talented team of project managers. TennCare project managers work collaboratively with contractors and TennCare departments to lead initiatives that affect the citizens of Tennessee. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated strong leader, skilled in project and stakeholder management, and with a background in managing complex technical and business projects.
The Project Manager will report to the PMO Director and effectively use project management best practices and standards to successfully manage all assigned projects, throughout all phases of their intended lifecycle. The project manager will also be responsible for leading diverse teams of stakeholders and vendor partners through the successful implementation of PMO projects. Additionally, the Project Manager will be required, but not limited, to perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with business and Information Systems (IS) stakeholders, as well as other identified vendor partners, to gather detailed project requirements and match them to outlined project specifications and/or RFP requirements.
- Create the project charter, in consultation with project sponsors and stakeholders, which includes scope development, project goals, required deliverables and resources, budget planning, and a comprehensive project schedule.
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete the project charter; inclusive of scope development, drafting project goals, identifying required deliverables and resources, participate in budget planning, and developing a comprehensive project schedule.
- Communicate project metrics and benchmarks to be measured and reported upon.
- In collaboration with vendor partners and other TennCare departments, develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with business and IS stakeholders, as well as identified TennCare Partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (healthcare, management, business, project management)
- 3+ years of experience using common project management software and tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Visio, and Microsoft Office suite).
- Advanced time management
- Advanced analytical skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- PMP Certification
- Experience with continuous business and/or system process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN
How to Apply:
Position posting closes on May 4, 2021
Job ID: 16975 and/or 16972
To apply, please visit the State of Tennessee Careers page and use the below instructions to guide your application:
1. Go to the State of Tennessee Career page https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-
2. Under Apply Here > select External Candidates
3. In the Search State of Tennessee Jobs > enter the Job ID
4. Once you are navigated to the new page for the position > select the job by checking
the box > click Apply for Job button
5. To review the job description > click the right arrow button on the right side of the job
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is improving lives through high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
- Jobs summary
- Location: Nashville, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1