TennCare Project Manager
The Division of TennCare is seeking a skilled Project Manager to join their Project Management Office (PMO). TennCare improves lives through providing high-quality, cost-effective care to one and a half million Tennesseans. The PMO reinforces the agency’s mission by applying project management best practices and methodologies that support and enhance the agency’s operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Three plus years of professional experience in project management.
• Healthcare and IT project management experience is preferred.
• PMP certification (preferred but not required).
• Knowledge of quality methodologies such as Plan-Do-Check-Act, Baldrige, Six Sigma, and LEAN.
• Strong interpersonal and tactful communication skills including:
o Ability to facilitate effective team and client meetings.
o Ability to self-direct yet report to PMO Director.
o Ability to keep the project team well informed of changes.
o Ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
The Project Manager will report to the PMO Director and will be responsible for facilitating the project management life cycle and related resources for TennCare. Executing projects within resource, budget, and time constraints plays a very key role in the success of the TennCare program. The project manager will directly manage the project life cycle and its five phases: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closing. The Project Manager will initiate process improvement activities across TennCare. This will require in-depth knowledge of process improvement standards, methodology, processes and tools. Additionally, the Project Manager will be required to perform, but not limited to, the following:
• Manage projects by application of project management best practices
• Develop and maintain project schedules according to TennCare project management standards
• Conduct team and stakeholder meetings
• Provide weekly status updates of the project
• Develop project KPIs to ensure project success
• Review and provide feedback of project deliverables
• Be the voice, eyes, and ears of the project
• Apply communication best practices
• Cultivate and promote positive team dynamics
• Develop project justification and feasibility analysis
• Plan detailed project management plans
• Execute project accordingly
• Perform ongoing project monitoring and tracking
• Apply lessons learn and archive of artifacts when closing out projects.
• Improve business processes, solve problems, and drive change throughout the organization.
• Identify issues and opportunities as well as take appropriate actions to mitigate any negative impact on a successful project completion.
• Identify upstream process improvement opportunities along with downstream process implications.
• Analyze, design, and implement value added process improvements for all divisions of the business.
• Analyze current operations, forecast of future impacts, trend and cost/benefit analysis, ROI analysis and the development of various process alternatives in alignment with future business process design.
• Develop process modeling, data flow analysis, work simplification and measurement studies.
• Participate in the preparation of policies, operations, and procedures manuals.
Please send resumes to Ira Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1