This IT Project Manager is responsible for coordinating activities of the project team under occasional guidance in the support of Voice Services initiatives such as Cellular & Telephony infrastructures. The IT Project Manager identifies appropriate resources needed and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Coordinates the activities of the team by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member. Implements development projects or components of large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems. Must be detail oriented and able to engage in detailed project work, such as if a resource is not available to input telephone number porting for a large number of lines and ACD groups moving to new platforms. Long hours may be needed at times on group/phone system cutover initiatives.
- Coordinates and oversees all phases of the project.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
- Provide customers and leadership support through project management.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates mastery of project communications in practical applications of a difficult nature. Effectively transmits technical and business ideas and information to others, including non-technical audiences. Shares knowledge, ideas and information openly, and effectively sells new ideas and influences others. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering project communications without requiring support and instruction from others.
- PROJECT COORDINATION – (INTERMEDIATE): Performs project tracking and reporting relative to task completion dates, dependency effects, problem anticipation, schedule conflicts, and assignment to appropriate staff for resolution. Manages prioritization procedures for changing scope [i.e., change management] and project acceptance procedures. Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives and documents applying change control procedures. Assumes responsibility [as appropriate] for resolving issues and seeing work through to successful completion. Provides training to project managers and others on project related templates and toolsets. Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction and obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure project efforts meet customer expectations.
- PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates mastery of Issues Management in practical applications of a difficult nature. Adept at identifying issues before they become problems and assigning those issues to the right people at the right time. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully managing internal project issues without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to anticipate and resolve unplanned project issues as they arise.
- PROJECT PLANNING – (INTERMEDIATE): Demonstrates ability to forecast complex resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for one or more large projects. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives. Is proficient in the use of project management tools.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect, and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
About the Department:
VUMC IT provides hardware, software and service solutions for the entire Medical Center. With over 40,000 workstations in the Medical Center, our teams can assist not only with hardware support, but also software and application support and services to enhance security and protection of your information.
IT Project Manager (Voice Services)
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization VUMC IT PMO Voice and Network 108025
Please contact Judy Derrick at email@example.com on any questions you may have.
- Jobs summary
- Location: Nashville, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Not Specified
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1