The Project Consultant position works closely with other project team members to implement information systems for the Academic Affairs community. This includes gaining extensive knowledge of the dozens of systems in use across Academic Affairs and building relationships with stakeholders across the University. The Project Consultant works with the Assistant Provost, Director, and other senior team members to develop project plans and strategies. They are expected to collaborate with other team members to execute project plans without close supervision.
The Academic Affairs Process and Solution Implementations (AAPSI) department organizes and leads information system implementations for Academic Affairs. AAPSI also supports systems already in production including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, DocFinity, Slate, Brightspace, Interfolio, Destiny One, Blue, and Event Management System (EMS). In addition to these vended products, AAPSI partners with Vanderbilt University Information Technology (VUIT) to build applications and system integrations.
The AAPSI team’s responsibilities include:
– Serving as the Product Owner
– Managing the overall project portfolio
– Managing individual projects
– Serving as the campus system expert
– Configuring newly acquired information systems
– Maintaining information systems in production
– Coordinating and executing testing
– Managing Security Administration
– Providing training during implementation
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Be a member of matrix teams comprised of resources from across Academic Affairs to execute projects.
– Participate in meetings with stakeholders to understand and document their technology needs.
– Collaborate with other team members to transform the needs of stakeholders into requirements that can be configured in vended systems.
– Collaborate with other team members to transform the needs of stakeholders into requirements for development by VUIT.
– Test newly developed or configured information systems
– Document new processes and systems
Profile of an Ideal Candidate:
-A Bachelor’s degree is necessary
– A degree in business, analytics, or computer information systems is preferred
– Excellent communication skills are necessary
– Ability & willingness to work with others in a team setting
– Analytical thinking is necessary
– Problem solving skill is necessary
– Attention to detail is necessary
– Interest in technology is necessary
– Willingness to learn new processes and systems is necessary
– Recent experience in higher education is preferred.
About Vanderbilt Benefits:
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University offers a competitive, flexible benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, disability insurance, paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match. Vanderbilt offers tuition assistance to employees, spouses and dependent children. Also, after five years of service, Vanderbilt will pay up to 55% of the tuition for up to three dependent children to earn a bachelor’s degree. Learn more about Vanderbilt’s benefits at VU Benefits Overview.
About Vanderbilt University:
Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a top-15 private research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. Vanderbilt is situated on a 330-acre campus near the thriving city center, serving more than 12,000 students and employing almost 7,000 faculty and staff. The university’s students, staff, and faculty frequently cite Nashville and the surrounding area as one of the many perks of being a part of the Vanderbilt community. Vanderbilt University is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity is sought and celebrated. Vanderbilt was recently named as one of “America’s Best Large Employers” and the top employer in Tennessee and the Nashville metropolitan area in 2019 (Forbes).
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Vanderbilt University is committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our campus values.
Contact Yasmine Mukahal (email@example.com) if interested.
- Jobs sumary
- Location: Nashville, TN, United States
- Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time
- Positions: 1