- This event has passed.
PMI Nashville November 2021 Luncheon Webinar – Managing Change: Organization Change Dilemma
November 16, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Speaker: David Mantica
- Seventy percent of all change initiatives fail and 16% of a workforce will leave the company during the change or use their power to stop or seriously disrupt the change. Basically, you create a major disruption (with the change initiative) and reap far less benefit than expected. At the same time, you lose up to 16% of staff with a large percentage of those folks being high-level performers. For organizations looking to move to Agile methods or driving a new solution or updating a major system the odds are stacked high against your effort, as a lot of you have experienced. Successful Project Leadership understands the key to guiding workplace change is to be clear-headed, responsive, alert, and dynamic. It is not a time to sit back and watch from the sidelines. Managing change is not a top-down or trickle-down approach. It is about active involvement and getting key stakeholders involved in not just planning but also executing the outcome. Ultimately you have to learn how to handle change resistors and how to minimize the impact of change outside the change zone (reduce the collateral damage).
- Necessary elements of change management
- Product theory to understand how to deal with implementing the change
- Stages of change that the organizations will go through
- Reasons people resist change and strategies to overcome resistance
- How to minimize negative change impacts by using the change curve model
- Tools Project Managers can use to help drive change
- David has 25 years of business-to-business services, consulting, coaching, and training industry experience in roles from operations, service delivery, marketing, product management, and executive management. Just recently he successfully sold his business-to-business training firm having taken it from $1.2m to $13m in seven years all done organically. Currently, David is the VP and General Manager for SoftEd US, a leading provider of transformational training services, working to support companies embracing agile methods for achieving business results.
- Along with his work at SoftEd, David provides business owner coaching services to several companies in the Raleigh-Durham area through DTM Services. He also provides pro bono career coaching services and presentations to individuals and organizations throughout the US.
PDU(s): 1.0 (Category: Strategic)
- Event Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- Program: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Central
Registrants will receive the link
PMI Nashville members & non-members: $10
Registration Close Time: Two hours before event
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Sunday before the event by 11:59 pm
Add HTML after event content