Located in western North Carolina, the Town of Lake Lure sits in the heart of Hickory Nut Gorge, only 30 miles east of Asheville, 95 miles west of Charlotte, and 55 miles north of Greenville, SC. The Town encompasses 13.2 square miles, including the 720-acre lake with a large central body of deep water, three long bays, an island of seven acres, and many small bays and inlets with picturesque backgrounds of forest-clad hills and mountains. The Town has a permanent population of approximately 1,365, with an in-season population of over 12,000. Lake Lure has become a destination for tourists worldwide with its 27 miles of lake shoreline, beach area, marina, municipal golf course, community center, and visitor center. The Town has 38 employees and an approved FY2022 total budget of $11.9 million, including a General Fund of $9.9 million. A full-service community, the Town of Lake Lure provides water and sewer service, solid waste, garbage/recycling collection, planning and zoning services, police and fire protection, and recreational opportunities. The Town also owns and operates a dam and a hydroelectric plant which have extensive, comprehensive improvements underway.
The Project Manager will report to the Town Manager and perform skilled technical work in planning, design, construction, contract administration, and project management tasks, as well as provides support for the Town’s strategic and comprehensive planning efforts and capital improvements. Projects are diverse in type, size, and complexity and have, among other areas, a heavy emphasis on sewer, hydroelectricity production, dredging, and dam construction and repair/replacement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, architecture, construction management, facilities management, project management, business management, or related field
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure improvements, utilities, budgets, grants, strategic planning, performance management, and working with regulatory agencies is needed.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications. Resume review will begin on August 29, 2022; the position is open until filled. A detailed brochure is available. For more information or to apply, visit www.srnsearch.com. If you have questions, please contact S. Renée Narloch, President, S. Renée Narloch & Associates, 850.391.0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Town of Lake Lure is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Jobs summary
- Location: , United States
- Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job type: Full Time